Advanced Placement Test
Online registration begins January 21 – January 29, 2017
ADVANCED PLACEMENT TESTING INFORMATION
REGISTER FOR YOUR AP EXAMS HERE!
Online Registration: January 21 – January 29, 2017
AP Exam Dates May 1 – May 12, 2017
SHS AP Exam Schedule
If you are planning on taking the Advanced Placement test in May, you must complete the online registration between January 21 – January 29, 2017.
If you took an AP exam last year at SHS, you will be prompted to enter your email address and password. If you forgot your password from last year, you can request for your password to be reset.
Remember, please do not bring back-packs or cell phones to the testing room. You are allowed to bring a drink
and/or a snack to have during your 10 minute break. You MUST place your snack in a clear bag. Label your drink and snack with your name as you will leave these items in the front of the testing room.
Full payments are due by Wednesday, February 1.
CHANGE FOR 2017: All payments will be made through Total Registration. Credit card payments can be made online at the time of registration. Checks will be mailed directly to Total Registration.
The cost of EACH exam you register to take is $93.00. Upon completion of your online registration, you will receive a Registration Confirmation Invoice. If the total payment is not received by Wednesday, February 1, test(s) will not be ordered.
- Students who cancel an exam by Friday, April 28, 2017 are entitled to a refund of the exam fee, minus a cancellation fee of $15 per exam cancelled.
April 11 or April 12 – 6:45 a.m. or 3:00 p.m. – Room 200
All students who register to take an Advanced Placement test must attend a mandatory Pre-Administration session to begin preliminary AP testing paperwork. You will select either April 11 or April 12 during the registration process.
PLEASE REGISTER FOR A MORNING SESSION IF YOU ARE IN AN
AFTER-SCHOOL SPORT OR ACTIVITY.
Students who cancel an exam by Friday, April 28, 2017 are entitled to a refund of the exam fee, minus a cancellation fee of $15 per exam cancelled.
If you have any questions regarding the Advanced Placement testing process, please feel free to contact Mr. Melton, Mr. Kowalski or Mrs. Bogner in Student Services.
Last Minute Reminders:
- Bring your school ID to the testing room.
- Arrive promptly at 7:15 a.m. for the morning exams.
- Arrive at 11:35 a.m. for the afternoon exams.
- NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED IN THE TESTING ROOM or any other electronic equipment (i.e. a watch with an electronic alarm).
- NO BACKPACKS ALLOWED. Please leave backpacks in lockers. Anything brought into the exam room MUST be left in the front of the room, except for pencils, pens, calculators, AP Student Packs, answer sheets, test booklets.
- NO FOOD ALLOWED IN THE TESTING AREA. However, students may bring a light snack and drink to have during their 10 minute break. PLEASE CLEARLY LABEL YOUR SNACK AND DRINK BECAUSE THEY WILL BE LEFT OUTSIDE THE TESTING AREA.
- No mechanical pencils. Only sharpened No. 2 pencils, with erasers. Please bring pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet and free-response questions.
- If students are required to use a calculator for their exam, they are allowed to bring up to two (2) approved calculators. Listing of approved calculators can be found here.
- AP Student Packs will be returned to the student at the first exam. After that, students are responsible for bringing their AP Student Pack to each exam.
- Students who have two tests on the same day should make arrangements to bring food to eat between tests, time allowing.
AFTERNOON TEST TAKERS
- Arrive promptly at 11:35 a.m. for the afternoon exams – students have received passes to excuse them from 5th period to eat and get to the exam room by this time.
- Afternoon tests will typically go past 2:45 p.m. In that case, please arrange for your own ride or take the activity bus home.
- Afternoon test takers who participate in a sports/activity should notify their coach/sponsor that they may be late for their game/practice that day. You may have to arrange for your own transportation if your team is traveling to another school.
Here are some additional Advanced Placement resources: