SHS Prom 2018 – ‘A Night Under the Stars’
SHS Prom 2018 – ‘A Night Under the Stars’ – Saturday, May 5th, 6:00 p.m., at the Westin Chicago Northwest, 400 Park Blvd., Itasca, IL 60143 (630) 773-4000.
Check-in and Pictures: 6:00 p.m.
Dinner: 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Coronation: 8:45 p.m.
Dancing: 9:00 p.m. until Midnight
Bus boarding for Post Prom Cruise: 11:15 p.m.
Prom tickets can be purchased April 7th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., at the SHS Main Hallway. Prices are $70 Single/$140 Couple.
- Prom Application and Payment
- Post Prom Application and Payment (Check should be made payable to Schaumburg VIP’s)
- Guest form (if applicable)
- Garter Form and Payment (Check should be made payable to Schaumburg HS)
After April 7th, ticket prices will be $15 more (late fee) and will need to be purchased through the CASHIER. Late tickets can be purchased through April 21st. Late ticket prices are $85 Single/$155 Couple.
All Schaumburg students and their guests entering the dance MUST present and ID card.
A Schaumburg Student may bring ONE GUEST to the dance if they have PREVIOUSLY filled out the GUEST PASS FORM. Guests over the age of 20 are NOT allowed.
Appropriate dress is required. Those with inappropriate attire, as decided upon by the Administrators, may be excused from the dance without a refund.
- When arms are extended, dresses must not be above the longest finger.
- Dresses that expose the midriff, have cut-outs, or expose excessive cleavage will not be permitted.
- No gym shoes, jeans, hat, or sunglasses are allowed.
- Boys must keep shirts on at all times.
- *If you are unable to comply with the above dress code, you need to see your administrator for approval before the day of the dance.
**THE FOLLOWING ARE NEW GUIDELINES REGARDING DANCING.
- All students attending a dance sponsored by Schaumburg High School acknowledge that it is a school-related event and all school rules apply.
- Upon entering the dance, all students will be issued a wristband that they must wear, for the duration of the dance. Students are still required to have a ticket and a valid school issued ID.
- Students are expected to dance in a respectable manner. Dancing that is inappropriate, sexually explicit, or creates unsafe conditions is not allowed. This includes any form of grinding and back-to-front dancing.
- Students who are seen dancing inappropriately will be spoken to and may have their wristbands removed by an administrator or chaperone. The removal of the wristband will constitute the “official warning” that they may be removed from the dance, should inappropriate dancing continue.
- Once a student has had a wristband removed, continued inappropriate dancing will result in removal from the dance. Should this occur, an administrator will follow up with the students’ parent/guardian to inform them that their child was removed from the dance for sexually explicit, or inappropriate dancing. If the dance is being held off site (of Schaumburg High School), students who are removed will be sent to a designated area for the remainder of the dance, or until a parent comes to pick up their child.
- Students who are removed for inappropriate dancing at more than one dance during their tenure at Schaumburg High School, are subject to being banned from subsequent dances.
- Guests that are removed, for any reason, will no longer be welcome at future SHS functions.
- If inappropriate dancing is widespread, music may be stopped for a period of time. If after the music has been turned back on, the dancing continues to be inappropriate, the dance may end prior to the scheduled end time.
- The administration reserves the right to remove any student from a dance for any type of behavior that is deemed inappropriate.
Post Prom Information:
Where: Odyssey Cruise on Lake Michigan
- Time: 12:00 a.m.- 4:00 a.m.
- Tickets: $100 per couple ($50 per person)
- On Sale same day as Prom Ticket Sales (April 7th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., at the SHS Main Hallway)
- Completed Post Prom Application
- A SEPARATE check made payable: Schaumburg High School VIPs
- Students may make seating selections on the Table Selection sheet in the prom packet
- Table selection sheet with ticket stubs stapled to it
- Tables seat either 10 or 12 people
- Turn in to Attendance Office – DUE BY FRIDAY, APRIL 20th
- If you do not turn in your selection sheet and stubs by this date, you will be placed at a random table
Form for Garter orders:
- Form for Garters in packet
- Color samples will be at ticket sales
- Check made out to SHS and completed form due on day of ticket sales
Information & Forms: